Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saranrajk
Helper II
Helper II

Workflow for BI with azure

Hi,

I'm tring to do enterprise level BI with Azure.

The OLTP database will be updated on daily basis, and need to pushed to Azure data warehouse and then it needs to consumed from power bi for visualization.

I have planned the following architecture.

1, Need to load data from on premise sql server to Azure blob storage in an incremental manner using azure data factory(is the data from blob should be deleted after it is loaded to azure data warehouse or not).

2,Need to load data from azure blob storage to azure data warehouse in an incremental manner with azure data waouse(how to this series of incremental load i.e incremental load with sql server to azure blob and then from blob tp azure data warehouse).

3,Transform data with azure data factory(Don't know which methed to use whether spark,data bricks,etc)(not sure the data transformation should be done)

4,model data with azure analysis service(don't know whether it is needed or not and please let me know what is difference between with azure analysis services and without analysis services)

5,consume data from power bi for visualization.

1 REPLY 1

@saranrajk same answer to your other post - > https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/what-is-the-use-of-azure-analysis-services/m-p/702959/highl...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors