Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElieK
Helper I
Helper I

Workflow Error

Hello,

I've been trying to create a new dataflow that is combining csv files from a folder on my computer but I keep getting the below error, when I try to combine the cvs in PowerBI Service

I was able to import the folder and combine it with no issues in the PowerBI Desktop version, and I made sure my gateway and PowerBI software were up to date.

Not sure what else I can do to create this workflow, I already have 25+ workflows created with no isssues.

section Section1;
shared #"CUIC Calls" = let
Source = Folder.Files("C:\Users\..."),
#"Filtered hidden files" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true)
in
#"Filtered hidden files";
shared #"Sample file" = let
Source = Folder.Files("C:\Users\..."),
#"Filtered hidden files" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
Navigation = #"Filtered hidden files"{0}[Content]
in
Navigation;
shared Parameter = let
Parameter = #"Sample file" meta [IsParameterQuery = true, IsParameterQueryRequired = true, Type = type binary, BinaryIdentifier = #"Sample file"]
in
Parameter;
shared #"Transform Sample file" = let
Source = Csv.Document(Parameter, [Delimiter = ",", Columns = 14, Encoding = 65001, QuoteStyle = QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Promoted headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars = true]),
#"Changed column type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted headers", {{"AgentTeamName", type text}, {"AgentName", type text}, {"DateTime", type datetime}, {"Queue", type text}, {"HandledTime", type time}, {"RingTime", type time}, {"TalkTime", type time}, {"HoldTime", type time}, {"ConferenceTime", type time}, {"WrapUpTime", type time}, {"Direction", type text}, {"Variable2", type text}, {"DigitsDialed", Int64.Type}, {"ANI", type text}})
in
#"Changed column type";
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElieK ,

I can reproduce the error. And I have reported the issue to product team (ICM 296971972). Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

These are some workarounds:

1. Convert the CSV files to Excel files and then combine them in dataflow.

2. Or instead of using the combine file command directly, copy the queries from Power BI Desktop into the dataflow in sequence.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElieK ,

I can reproduce the error. And I have reported the issue to product team (ICM 296971972). Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

These are some workarounds:

1. Convert the CSV files to Excel files and then combine them in dataflow.

2. Or instead of using the combine file command directly, copy the queries from Power BI Desktop into the dataflow in sequence.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,
Winniz

Thanks @v-kkf-msft converting to an excel file works!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this a personal gateway?  Generally putting source files on a PC is considered to be , uhm,  sub-optimal.

Hello,

I am using a Standard Gateway. Do you recommend another way to get my data off my PC into a Dataflow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors