Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Work with Relative Date Filter

Hello Power BI Gurus, 

I am using Filter section's relative date to show visuals with current month's data. Because the relative date filter automatically changes the date range every month, problem that I run into is that first two days of following month.

I want to be able to show the last month's result in the first two days of the current month without my manual intervention changing the filter. Is it possible to do that with Filters without creating the DAX measures/columns? 

For example, today is March 1st. I want to show February result for next two days (March 1 and March 2nd). I do not want to change the filter manually myself but somehow Power BI recognizes that it is first day of the month so it still shows that last month's data.

Please let me know if this makes sense and let me know there are features allows to do so. 

seansskim2_0-1646161102039.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

AS far as I know there is no way to do this with the relative date slicer. This is because the relative date slicer always uses the current date.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a column in your date table which would be for the current month, this would be based on the last date you have data for.

In your example the last date you have data for would be 28 Feb 2022, and then new column would still have it set to "Current Month"

Then when new data comes in for 01 Mar 2022, the new could would then move to "Current Month"?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

AS far as I know there is no way to do this with the relative date slicer. This is because the relative date slicer always uses the current date.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a column in your date table which would be for the current month, this would be based on the last date you have data for.

In your example the last date you have data for would be 28 Feb 2022, and then new column would still have it set to "Current Month"

Then when new data comes in for 01 Mar 2022, the new could would then move to "Current Month"?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ , 

Thank you for your comment. I was trying to avoid creating additional columns or table but I guess it is only way to resolve the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors