Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows Authentication for Power Bi Service

Hi,

I have a business scenario as follows for using Windows Authentication for the published reports

1. The reports will be developed and published by the reporting team

2. The audience of the report are CXO level users

3. Every time the users want to access the report, they should not be prompted for credentials if they are using the corporate laptop on the company network. The user should be authenticated directly using the Windows credentials and be able to access the report.

Is there a way by which this can be achieved? Is there any documentation or step by step process which explains the same?

Regards,

Vishwesh

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have a business scenario as follows for using Windows Authentication for the published reports

1. The reports will be developed and published by the reporting team

2. The audience of the report are CXO level users

3. Every time the users want to access the report, they should not be prompted for credentials if they are using the corporate laptop on the company network. The user should be authenticated directly using the Windows credentials and be able to access the report.

Is there a way by which this can be achieved? Is there any documentation or step by step process which explains the same?

Regards,

Vishwesh

@Anonymous Did you find a solution for this? I have a similar requirement for my current project.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is your datasource and what is CXO level users? 

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source is SAP HANA

By CXO level users, I meant the users will be from higher management. We want to give them a superior user experience in a way that once they have logged into their laptop using the windows credentials and are on corporate network, they should not be prompted for credentials every time they are trying to access the reports. Their identity should be validated from their windows credentials.

Regards,

V

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors