Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the Visio Visual work for other users without a Visio license?

Hi,

My question is really simple: 

When I use a Visio Visual in Power BI Desktop and I will upload this report to the cloud so other users could access this report. Can they also see and use this Visio Visual in Power BI without having a Visio license?

Shaney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Yes, licensing requirements for visuals are for the report author, not the end user. End users should have no problems digesting your content if you are the one licensed properly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anonymous Yes, licensing requirements for visuals are for the report author, not the end user. End users should have no problems digesting your content if you are the one licensed properly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer Will this also work when the report author en the end user both only has a Power BI Pro license and the report author has a Visio license (Without having Office 365)?

I HAVE THE SAME DOUBT 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tested this and the Visio visual works when the report author has the Power BI Pro license registered on his/her name and also the Visio license without having Office 365. As long as the report author gives the end users acces to the Visio drawing that is used in Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors