Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cognosben
Frequent Visitor

Will reports published to PB Service still update automatically when my company account is closed?

I have created some reports and is set as the owner of those reports. ref: "This dataset har been configured by: email.@xxxx.com"

I'm leaving for another company. Will reports published to PB Service still update automatically after my company account is closed? 

If not, what needs to be done? 

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

What I would suggest is that if the reports have been published to an App Workspace, then with you currently being the owner should not be an issue.

What I would suggest is to have a generic account that can be used and added to all the App Workspaces that you have created. This Generic account should be added as an Admin to ensure that someone could log in with the Generic account and access the reports.

Likewise if you installed and configured the On-Premise Data Gateway, I would add this same Generic user to the Administrators for the Gateway so that they can administer the data sources as required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors