Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lloetters
Frequent Visitor

Will User, that used Pro Trial before, also get Power BI Pro 1 Year for Free?

Hi,

I'm not quite sure how to interpret the announcment for the 1 Year trial of Power BI Pro. The exclusion says that no user with Pro an Pro Trial will get the 1 Year free Power BI Pro. But what about users, that tried out Power BI Pro Trial before, for example last year and using free licencse at the moment ? Will these users also get the 1 Year free ?

Thanks for you help

5 REPLIES 5
Elder22
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Yes I have a similar issue here around struggling to interpret the brief message given. At the time of the announcement I was in the process of rolling this out into my business, with my end users all signing up for pro trials. Now I am in a position where I do not know if people who are signing up for pro trials every day will get their licence automatically extended by one year, or whether this will not apply. Knowing this will help inform how I go about putting a case forward for pro licences in the business.

Can someone clarify this?

Thanks - and lloetters hope this compliments the question, but feed back if otherwise.

Ian

One of our Microsoft contacts asked the Microsoft Corp. They told her that all users which have a free or a Pro trial licence can get one year of free Power BI Pro. Even if they have tried out Power BI Pro trial they will get the one year.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Changes-to-the-free-Power-BI/May-3-announcement-FAQ/td-p/167399

Power BI Pro trial users will be eligible for the extended Power BI Pro trial offer as long as they registered for the free service on or before May 2

I hope she is right.

Kind regards Lukas

Hi there

What I can say is that yesterday I was someone in an organization where I am contracting and their Trial account is expiring in 7 days. 

And in the notifications there was an option to extend it for another year.

This particular user has been on the trial version for about 50 days, so this was prior to all the announcments, so in my opnion it does appear to be true.

And what I have said to other people is that whilst there currently is no lower tier pricing model, there is an additional year to use the Trial version. And I am sure that as long as people in the community keep on making noise about a lower tier, Microsoft will come to the party before the 1 year trial is up. That is my hope at least.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi - both interesting responses. For me it would mean having to rely on the system not actually enforcing the message from Microsoft - a risky strategy. I will now have to go to my business with investment requests and justrify readers of content having pro licences...

e1
Frequent Visitor

I have the EXACT same doubt!!

Could someone please enligthen us on the subject??

Many thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors