Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

okusai3000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why using an App instead of sharing a Report?

Hello everyone,

I am pretty confused about sharing content. Since always,  I have shared all my reports in reader mode through the share tab, and so far, everything has been good.

I cannot get why should start to use apps, specially as it will lead me to explain to all the final users, that their reports won't be anymore on "shared with me".

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JonV
Helper II
Helper II

The idea of an app is to be able to distribute a large number of reports/dashboards all at once. If you only have a few reports/dashboards in the workspace, then sharing individually probably won't be too much work for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JonV
Helper II
Helper II

The idea of an app is to be able to distribute a large number of reports/dashboards all at once. If you only have a few reports/dashboards in the workspace, then sharing individually probably won't be too much work for you.

There is also a lot more functionality when using the App.

More features are planned for an app that are will enable better use of the reports and dashboards. Also when using an App if permissions allow, users can save their own copy and create their own dashboards and reports off the shared dataset.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors