Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raaassotto
Helper I
Helper I

Why newlycreated dataflow automatically creates gateway

Please help me on the issue:

Everytime I try to create a dataflow a new gateway is automatically created. It's got created even before I finish the process of dataflow creation. Is it posible to prevent gateway creation?

When I create a dataflow for sharepoint it creates a gateway to sharepoint and brakes the connection of other users of sharepoint datasorces in my organization. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. For now you can't change that. It shouldn't duplicate. If it duplicate it is because you are not dealing with the same source or you have type something differente in the configuration.

NOTE: consider that each file or folder is a source. You will need that. It's not a mess if you need it.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Well, it's helpfull if you standarize the source input because you will have to configure it in order to refresh the dataflow later. So, the behave will be helpfull at the end unless you are just testing stuff.

It is ok to have a source definition in the gateway for onpremise data.

Each file is a source, each folder is a source, each DB is a source. Just to be clear when dataflow will create a new source in gateway. You will need those. So it's not so bad.

Hope it make sense for you

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thank  you for your reply. It's helpful. But I don't see any solution to prevent the mess in the Gateway configuration with a growing list of sources. They are even duplicating on every attempt to create a new dataflow. 

Yes. For now you can't change that. It shouldn't duplicate. If it duplicate it is because you are not dealing with the same source or you have type something differente in the configuration.

NOTE: consider that each file or folder is a source. You will need that. It's not a mess if you need it.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

You are right. It wasn't actually duplicat. There were differences. Thank you for your help!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Are you sure it's a new Gateway? I think you might be confusing with a new Data Source in the picked up gateway from a dataflow configuration.
DataFlow need gateway for some sources and it will auto create the configuration for that if its the FIRST time you are using the source. You can avoid that adding yourself the sources to the gateway and use the same text for each box when connecting that data with dataflows.

Hope it make sense.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I see those sources in this Gateway connectin lists. Everytime I create the dataflow to a new source, this source adds to this list. Even local foulders are added.

Raaassotto_1-1611667061134.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors