Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ferrus
Resolver I
Resolver I

Why is refresh go faster when it's manually ordered?

Hello guys,

Just would like to understand why is my Dataset refreshed faster when I do it manually than a scheduled refresh ?

Manually is less than 5 min and scheduled could be up to 20-25 min...

I also noticed the time can be longer when it takes place in morning, afternoon or at night...

Thanks !

1 REPLY 1
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Are your using Premium Capacity/On Premise Gateway
If Yes - There multiple refreshes are happening at same time thus a refreshes are waiting in queue.

Manual refresh has priority over shedule refresh thus when you hit manual refresh it skip the scheule refresh queue and get refreshed eairlier.

To resolve the issue increase the resources or optimise your schedule refreshes to distribute evenly
I would also recommand to implement incremental refresh to all your long refreshing dataset/dataflow to reduce the refresh time.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors