Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karaoan
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Why am I forced to save Excel workbooks stored on onedrive only in "My Workspace"

Hi,

Does anyone know why I can only save an Excel workbook stored on onedrive in "My Workspace"??? A total riddle to me and absolutely contra productive. I need and want to share the workbook in shared workspaces.

2017-10-24 19_33_45-Clear Jelly Report Sample.xlsx - Excel.png

Martin

Want to plan with Power BI? -> www.agilityplanning.com

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @karaoan

The question that I would have is why the requirement to store an Excel file in Power BI?

If people need to view the file then access it from the OneDrive location, which will render it online.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ there is a clear benefit of having different business intelligence content types in one place: Power BI dashboards, reports AND flexible Excel reports (in our case linked directly to the data warehouse) where there is no way to build these requirements in a Power BI report. That's why the Publish to Power BI option is there - it is in general a great feature. I don't want to tell my users go here for this and there for that.

Martin

Want to plan with Power BI? -> www.agilityplanning.com

Hi @karaoan,

I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors