Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TP129
Frequent Visitor

Where to find data source credentials?

Hi everyone, 

I was trying to set up a scheduled refresh on Power BI Service but this is what I encountered

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 9.07.39 PM.png

I used my login credentials for Snowflake once when I first imported the data to Power BI Desktop and I had been able to use it since then. However, now that I'm done with my report, I've published it to Power BI Service and need to have a scheduled refresh. When I tried putting my user credentials again, this was the error message. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 9.08.46 PM.png

I assume that I should be able to get this information from Snowflake because this is where I got my data from, but I don't know where exactly I should look for it. I've also asked my manager in case I got limited access to the system but he had no idea either. Could anyone please show me how to get the information? 

5 REPLIES 5
HarishKM
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@TP129 You can open Power bi file and then Go to transfrom data and under that select datasource credential then update or edit credential in that tab .Refer below image.

HarishKM_0-1632744252475.png

@HarishKM I did as you suggested and published the report to PBI Service again but still get the same error. Right now I only have my Snowflake login credentials. I guess my question is can I use my current credentials for PBI Service or do I need other credentials (something that is used specifically for the data source)? If I need a different one for data source then where can I find it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey were you able to find a solution for this creditials issue? 

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Sorry to ask, but you used Basic authentication in Power BI Desktop too?  My org uses SSO, so that's why I ask.

@jeffshieldsdev in my PBI Desktop it's automatically set as Basic. I'm not sure, was that why I got the error? In PBI Service I see 2 options: Basic and OAuth2. I've tried both but none of them works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors