Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gaurav_bhide

Where does Power BI service stores streaming data?

Hi Team,

I am new to Power BI and need to build a report on real time dataset. 

I am creating a push dataset which will store historical data as well.

I have written a java code using the Power BI REST APIs to push data.  This code will send data after every 5 seconds. 

The problem is with reports. Reports only shows data which is received first time.  

For example, I am sending data for 1 minutes. So my program will execute 12 times and will send data 12 times.

But my report is showing data only of first execution.

Here my code is successfully finished with http response code as 200 for all 12 iterations.

Couple of questions.

1. Why data is not getting udated in my reports?

2. It's mentioned that, in case of push dataset, Power BI service automatically creates a new database in the service to store the data. Where I can find this database? (I want to check if next dataset is arrived or not. So that I can check if problem is with REST code or power BI reports.)

Thanks in advance!!!

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @gaurav_bhide,

Maybe you can take a look at follow documents to know more about rest api limitation.

Power BI REST API limitations

Real-time streaming in Power BI

In addition, you can try to get data from historical to view if your records are succeed add to that table.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors