Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find the Dataflow equivalent of "Data Source Settings" ?

This has been driving me nuts. I don't know where to find this very basic setting. In Power BI desktop it's here:
data source settings in pbi desktop.jpg

I can't find that in the dataflow editor:
data flow.jpg

I've setup a source wrong and I don't know how to clear it nor remove it. although the table, which was refering to that source is long gone, the source is still listed here:
data source.jpg

So how do I get rid of it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous , The Datasource Settings isn't avaiable in Dataflow. You need to Edit the Dataflow and go through each query to find the one pointing to that source. Then either remove or update the query point ing to the source you want to remove. Click Save & Close when done.

wikkleyn_0-1651834530560.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I removed a whole query, which has that source, would that work like clearing cache? If I add a new qery with that source I'd expect to be prompted to setup the authentication settings  (oAuth2, Basic, Annonymoues etc).

wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous , The Datasource Settings isn't avaiable in Dataflow. You need to Edit the Dataflow and go through each query to find the one pointing to that source. Then either remove or update the query point ing to the source you want to remove. Click Save & Close when done.

wikkleyn_0-1651834530560.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors