cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopheE

When sharing report between 2 pro users from different orgnisations, powerbi "creates" a new trial

Hello

Here is my issue:

I want to share a report from a pro account  to another pro account (in trial mode) outside the organization. 

I created in Azure directory a new guest user in order to be able to share in powerbi (using the email of the user with a different organization) Then i used the share option of the report towards a user outside of the organization and i selected the email in the list of available user (avaiable as i create it in the AAD). Then the user receives an invitation to connect to the report. 

But when clicking on the link powerbi opens itself with a new trial pro account using the same email than the one for which he has already a pro account (also in trial but existing since a few days already). I don't understand why powerbi is creating another account instead of making the report appearing in the 'shared with me' section.

Can anyone help me understanding and/or give me a tip to achieve what i am looking for?

Thank you 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.