Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

binesh2003

When does a dashboard refresh?

I created 2 kinds of reports,

• one is directly created on PowerBI portal using excel file stored in SharePoint, so no pbix file. (here)
  • 2nd is created by query using Power BI Desktop, can have pbix file. (here)

The problem is, I’d like to input the Compass page link within hyperlink, (then APAC stakeholder can easily track the all information). But to input the hyperlink, have to use Powerbi Desktop application, it cannot be done by PowerBi Portal.

That’s why I made 2nd dashboard, but the problem is here, syncing does not work automatically in short time. It should have to wait at least 1 hour or manually click the “refresh” button in PowerBI Desktop application.

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @binesh2003,

In Power BI service, you publish report to web, and enter the link to Power BI desktop table visual like the following screenshot, right?

2.PNG

As I tested, I modify the Power BI service, when open the link, it displays the new version automatically and quickly. For your requirement, there are large amount of resource data?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Just a quick note that Publish to Web is not secure and does not require any authentication.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors