Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cosmicyes
Helper II
Helper II

When does a Report within an App refresh?

Hi all,

a question from a beginner with using Power BI Apps.

I have created an app in my workspace (Workspace V2).
Within the app I have several reports.

Now I have made just a small optical change in one report in Power BI Desktop and published the report to Service.

However users still see the old version of the report in the app.

Does it take some time to "refresh"?

Now I have removed the report from the app and added it again and the change is visible.

Do I just have to wait in the future?

Thank you for any hints!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kmedici
Frequent Visitor

Hi there! 

After deploying a new version of the report to the workspace, you should see an option at the top right of the WS called 'update app'. If you click on that and follow the on-screen instructions (the same as what they were when you first created the app), then you should see the new version of the report come through to the app. 

As an app is to provide end-users with a clean way of viewing reports, I see the idea of deploying the report to the workspace first is to ensure the report works as expected, before then updating the app with it and making the updates available to end-users. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kmedici
Frequent Visitor

Hi there! 

After deploying a new version of the report to the workspace, you should see an option at the top right of the WS called 'update app'. If you click on that and follow the on-screen instructions (the same as what they were when you first created the app), then you should see the new version of the report come through to the app. 

As an app is to provide end-users with a clean way of viewing reports, I see the idea of deploying the report to the workspace first is to ensure the report works as expected, before then updating the app with it and making the updates available to end-users. 

Hope that helps! 

thank you, @kmedici .
I have tested and it exactly the way you describe.
And I agree - this is really a great workflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors