Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mikerossanthony
Frequent Visitor

What's with the redundant right-click options?!

Recently you guys added 'Expand' and 'Collapse' options when you right-click on a table/graph. But you didn't get rid of the now redundant drill down/ expand to next level / show next level options. The right-click menu is a total mess now. What's the long term plan with this??

3 REPLIES 3

@Mikerossanthony You can always remove the drill up/down from the header bar in formatting if you choose to use the expand button. Or hide the whole bar altogether. As a reminder, this is a community forum so the vast number of people answering questions here are not MSFT employees ("you guys").

Just like there are multiple buttons to perform the same action all over the tool, I would imagine since you have the flexibility to choose which feature you want to use, and disable the other, that there is no plan to modify this.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Seth,

good point about "you guys"! Let me know if there is a better place to be posting this, I'm an infrequenr user 🙂

the visual header is fine, especially since you can customize it. However, my concern is with the right-click options and what i should be training my users to use. we opted to hide all visual header buttons and train users to right-click and use drill down / drill up / expand to next level. Now they have added Expand and Collapse menus which are basically redundant, although the collapse menu offers a bit more functionality. So it's probably safe to assume they will get rid of the old drilling options at some point I was just curious what the plan was for this. Also, the way it is now just looks sloppy when demoing it to clients.

Capture 033.PNG

Cheers.

@Mikerossanthony Your best bet for product team review of this would be to add this as an idea to ideas.powerbi.com - get a bunch of people to vote it up.

Alternatively, you could file this as an issue - issues.powerbi.com, but its highly likely that this will just be treated as "working as expected" because its not really a bug but rather a suggestion.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors