Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What license do I need to embed report into my company's app and share to my colleagues?

Have embeded PowerBI report into my company's APP and share to my colleagues, they can view it now.

I have 1 pro-account for me to compose report and setup the embed, but whether my colleagues need license to view the reports? 

They are already able to view it on my app, to my understanding, they don't need any license to view it, just want to make sure if my company need to purchase more license. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To get started, you're required to have Power BI Pro account (a master account that is a username and password to sign in to your Power BI Pro account), or a service principal (app-only token). In addition, you need to have your own Azure Active Directory tenant setup. For the users, there is no requirement to Power BI license.

For reference:

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To get started, you're required to have Power BI Pro account (a master account that is a username and password to sign in to your Power BI Pro account), or a service principal (app-only token). In addition, you need to have your own Azure Active Directory tenant setup. For the users, there is no requirement to Power BI license.

For reference:

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Melvlee
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you all share the same account with a pro license, you don't need to purchase additional pro licenses.

But if you all wish to have personal own account, additional liceses will be required.

Power BI embedded or Power BI Premium is also an option depending on the number of users.

Best Regards 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors