Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the workspace limit a person can create ? Still 500000 ??

We currently have an A3 Power BI embedded instance. How many workspaces are we allowed to make? 

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The answer is yes. Based on my research, the gourps an admin can create is up to default tenant limit of 500k.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this on the new workspace experience currently in preview? It sounds like you are talking about the old existing workspace experience.

Hi @Anonymous,

For the new one, a person with a Power BI Pro license can be a member of a maximum 250 workspaces. So the limitation should be 250.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

But does the Power BI Pro limitation of 250 apply to a Power BI Embedded Instance aswell? 

Hi @Anonymous,

Sure.

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Anonymous,

As the new app workspace is in preview. In the new future,the number of workspace will not be a problem any more. What's more, it will be updated and might have an effect on your embed content. So I suggest you to use the old app workspace to work on it.

Regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I dont believe you Smiley Very Happy         In my application, if i want to have Power BI embedded for my 500 customers, each customer will have their own workspace, surely 250 is far too less, you are saying that the limit was 500 000, and now its been reduced by a factor of 2000.  If you are a microsoft employee, please can u confirm this with someone on the Embedded team.  Smiley Very Happy   Its very important I get the right answer on this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors