cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What is the maximum # of records that can be exported from Paginated reports (Report Builder) ?

Hi,

what is the maximum number of records that can be exported from Power BI paginated reports(Report builder) so that I can know the limit of exporting my paginated reports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: What is the maximum # of records that can be exported from Paginated reports (Report Builder) ?

Hi @BARATHIRAJA ,

There is not actually a limit of the number of records to export.  The limitations come from the maximum amount of memory that you have in your Premium capacity.  If you are running into errors, you might try to export smaller batches at a time rather than everything in one shot.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: What is the maximum # of records that can be exported from Paginated reports (Report Builder) ?

@BARATHIRAJA How are you exporting? Via the REST API, something else?

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @BARATHIRAJA ,

There is not actually a limit of the number of records to export.  The limitations come from the maximum amount of memory that you have in your Premium capacity.  If you are running into errors, you might try to export smaller batches at a time rather than everything in one shot.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I would also add what happens if you had to create a subscription and as part of the subscription export it as a CSV?

As Collin mentioned it would also depend on how large the dataset is and how much memory you have allocated to paginated reports.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!