cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the maximum number of columns Power BI Desktop allows?

hum, ok. You mean the Matrix visual object, at first I thought it was the data table itself. My bad. In this case, I think it is a limitation of the object, and I don´t know any solution on this case. Maybe you can try to get a new custom visual, but the appearance of the new visual will be slightly different. How many levels of drilldown do you have? Maybe if you lower the quantity of drilldowns it may improve the visual, idk.

alforc1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Thanks again for coming back to me. 

I have 4 levels of drilldown in place currently.  I will try both solutions that you have suggested.  Again thanks for the feedback.

Highlighted
AdamBoltryk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi All, I can confirm to limit of column displayed in visual. In my case when I created table with week numbers in columns I've got table from WK01|16 till WK08|18. It's mean (simple math) 52+52+8 = 112 columns Smiley Happy 

ChrisHaas Established Member
Established Member

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/power-query-specifications-and-limits-5fb2807c-1b16-4257-aa...

This document shows the Column limit for Power Query is 16,384...in line with some of the other comments on this thread of "Power BI complaining about 16,000 columns"

AdamBoltryk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Chris,

Quote:

'... when I display in a Matrix it will only display around 104 columns it then stops showing any columns after that point...'

End of quote.
I think he asked for limitation in VISUAL, not the data table. And my answer related to this question.

Regards,

Adam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Summit Australia 2019

Summit Australia 2019

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 239 members 2,917 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: