Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataRobot
Frequent Visitor

What is "Power BI Premium content" next to my workspace ?

Dear all,

I found a logo which show "Power BI Premium Content" next to My workspace.

DataRobot_0-1605526092113.png

But I don't know what is it ? Could you please enlighten me ?

Thanks and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @DataRobot,

This icon represents that the workspace is a premium dedicated capacity workspace and is better than pro's shared capacity in many ways, such as:

1. Sharing: the content is in premium. Even if you don't have pro permission, free users can view it, but if you need to create reports, you need pro.

2. Refresh: refresh times, data capacity, data flow, etc.

3. Functions: cross workspace management, paginated reports, power Bi report service, etc.

For information about power Bi premium, you can learn from this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-what-is

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @DataRobot,

This icon represents that the workspace is a premium dedicated capacity workspace and is better than pro's shared capacity in many ways, such as:

1. Sharing: the content is in premium. Even if you don't have pro permission, free users can view it, but if you need to create reports, you need pro.

2. Refresh: refresh times, data capacity, data flow, etc.

3. Functions: cross workspace management, paginated reports, power Bi report service, etc.

For information about power Bi premium, you can learn from this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-what-is

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear,

So my workspace is premium now. That's great! I think my company purchase it just now. I did not see the premium content logo in the past.

But I still have some questions for the sharing. I have a group workspace already.  And it's have premium content also (the same with my workspace that I described as). 

So if I create reports in group workspace which is having premium content now, can free user see it ? And If I embed the reports on sharepoint, can free user see it too ?

Looking for your support.

Thanks and best regards.

@DataRobot 

If you are embedding your workspace with the embedded capacity then your free users can access the embedded report without any licence.

That diamond sign shows that the workapace is backed with a capacity... have a look if its a premium or embedded capacity.

Answer to your question is yes.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Nimai123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @DataRobot 

This icon higlights that you have enabled a premiumn capacity on your workspace which can be power BI embedded or Power BI Premiumn.

You can also have a look at the 3 image from the top from the below Microsoft blog.

Click on me. 

Sample Image.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors