Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What is blue question mark in dataflow authoring (2023)

Opening this question up since it is 2023. I haven't been able to find a way to consistently get the blue question mark to disappear while I'm working with my dataflows in the PBI service.

Does anyone have a trick to get this thing to go away:

dbeavon3_0-1675900313524.png

The main reason it bothers me is because I often experience corruption in my dataflows, where tables won't pick up their proper schema.  I'm wondering whether the problems originate with the inability of the service to retrieve data and rid itself of the "blue question mark".

While I'm in the authoring experience for dataflows,  there is no obvious indication that anything else is going wrong aside from the little blue question mark.  I can refresh my tables over and over, but the blue question mark never goes away.  After saving the data flow, sometimes the schema is corrupted, and other times it is not.  The schema corruption may be correlated to the behavior of the blue question mark, although I haven't proven it yet. 

Microsoft really needs to improve the quality of this software.  It seems really silly to be starting community discussions about "blue question marks" and chronic problems with "corrupted schema".  Dataflows are about four years old now and I struggle every time I'm working with them. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors