Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ed_mcdill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

What happens when you share a dashboard in a Workspace

Hi 

I have created a Workspace for a team, they use the shared functionality in Power BI, OneDrive, Teams, OneNote etc. My question is if I go to a Dashboard within that Workspace and share it with a user outside of that team, what will they have access to? Just the related Dashboard, Reports, & Dataset, or will they have access to all content of the workspace including OneDrive, Teams etc?

Cheers

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: What happens when you share a dashboard in a Workspace

@ed_mcdill Sharing a Dashboard will only show the end user the dashboard and the reports that are connected to it. All of it is read only, it does not grant them access to any workspace or extend permissions in any way.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@ed_mcdill Sharing a Dashboard will only show the end user the dashboard and the reports that are connected to it. All of it is read only, it does not grant them access to any workspace or extend permissions in any way.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

ed_mcdill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks, that was my intuition and what I was hoping.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)