cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What happens to report and dashboard when a user leaves the company

Looking ahead, we want to understand what happens to the reports developed and the dashboards created if/when a user leaves the company. I am assuming their profile is removed just as an email account is removed. Is there any possibility to recover these items.

Is there any way to ensure development around this enevitable situation?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: What happens to report and dashboard when a user leaves the company

@voodoo_bantu There is no current method to recover a specific users reports, etc. For planning purposes, this is where Power BI Groups come into play. PBI Groups allow reporting teams or groups of people to all have access to the same reports/dashboards so that you don't run into this issue. There may be "personal" reports that a user creates, but if it is shared on a large scale, I would have it built in a group.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I believe one of the last updates created a fail safe for this situation by providing administrative access to those in charge in IT.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted

@Seth_C_Bauer, do you know if there has been added support around a similar situation with groups. I think before with O365 groups, any admin of the group could delete the group and there was no way to recover this...

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@voodoo_bantu The PBI Groups can have a limited number of admins, and members that can add/edit content without "Delete" permissions. I am still unaware of any admin level feature to recover a deleted workspace of any kind.

The only area of recoverability that I know of at the moment is relates to the Enterprise Gateway.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors