Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carlbh
Helper I
Helper I

What happens to PBI reports/dashboards/workspaces when O365 account is ceased?

Folks,

we are just starting down the PBI road and looking for some clarification as we build up our governance and user manuals.

What I would like to clarify is what happens to any reports/dashboards I have created if my account was ceased, for example if I left the company.

The scenario we have in mind is that a PBI license holder has created a report/dashboard and published in their workspace on line. WIthin the workspace they have invited other members but they are set to view only not edit.

As such the info is actively being reviewed and used in the business, but only the license holder has the ownership and write access.

If said license holder left the company, their O365 accounts ceased, what happens to both the workspace and the reports/dashboards after 30 days?

1 REPLY 1

@carlbh You would need to reset the password for the account, login, add a different admin and disable the account again.

All this can be avoided with a little planning. ie. have a single admin account that must be added to any workspace that is sharing reports to a wider audience. Have at least 2 admins in a workspace, etc.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors