cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

What happened to Drill Down on reports after the latest update?

A couple days ago I could build a hierarchy on the Axis fields and drill down on different charts. However with the new Report and Data set update. I can't seem to add either Hierarchies, different fields on the same graph or drill down at all. 

The reports that come from PowerView (with drilldown enabled) show an error that states too much data is being displayed.

Did this break on the latest update? or was the feature scrapped?

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure who was in the user group research, but I personally think that drill down/up is an essential need. Please bring it back.

Highlighted

I can't believe you guys removed the drill down arrows from the reports. The end user experience is now totally ruined! How are you supposed to drill back up? Right click a hundred times? What about using touch screen monitors to display reports? Terrible move!!

Please, please, please, if you decide to do something like this again in the future, and by "this" I mean ruin the end user experience, please send out an Email to your corporate users who build reports and let us know so we don't look like fools to our managers.

Yes, I'm being dramatic but this is quite the turn of events... LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors