Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does reshare mean for dataset permissions?

When I am updating my app in the permissions section, I have unchecked:

"Allow users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using Build permission"

"Allow users to make a copy of the reports in this app"

When I go to "Member Permissions" in my dataset, users have permissions for "App" and "Reshare"

What does "reshare" mean exactly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

Yes, the users who have been reshared should also have permissions to access your content.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Reshare means users who can access your app can also share contents(report/dashboard) in your app with others.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msftThank you. I know it seems like an obvious question, but when you say users can share the report with others - like share the link to the report? If the person they share with does not have permission to access the app, then the person they shared with still won't be able to see anything?

@Anonymous ,

Yes, the users who have been reshared should also have permissions to access your content.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors