cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkNoordraven Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi everyone,

What could cause a 1-line, 54kb .PBIX time to have a scheduled refresh processing time of 15+ minutes?

Thank you in advance.

For more information, here's the refresh history, I'm referring to the refresh highlighted in yellow.
Timestamp2.PNG

Here's the Query:

Timestamp3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi @MarkNoordraven,

By my tests with your query, I cannot reproduce your issue.

refresh time.PNG

For your scenario, the network is also the factor which may affect the schedule refresh time.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi @MarkNoordraven,

By my tests with your query, I cannot reproduce your issue.

refresh time.PNG

For your scenario, the network is also the factor which may affect the schedule refresh time.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MarkNoordraven Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thank you for taking the time to test the query.

I'm getting similar results with On demand refreshes, but the results appear mixed for Scheduled refreshes. Perhaps some queueing occurs to optimize resource allocation for Scheduled refreshes.
Timestamp4.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 307 members 3,328 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: