Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi everyone,

What could cause a 1-line, 54kb .PBIX time to have a scheduled refresh processing time of 15+ minutes?

Thank you in advance.

For more information, here's the refresh history, I'm referring to the refresh highlighted in yellow.
Timestamp2.PNG

Here's the Query:

Timestamp3.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi @MarkNoordraven,

By my tests with your query, I cannot reproduce your issue.

refresh time.PNG

For your scenario, the network is also the factor which may affect the schedule refresh time.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Re: What could cause a 1-line, 54kb PBIX file to take 15+ minutes for a scheduled refresh?

Hi @MarkNoordraven,

By my tests with your query, I cannot reproduce your issue.

refresh time.PNG

For your scenario, the network is also the factor which may affect the schedule refresh time.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thank you for taking the time to test the query.

I'm getting similar results with On demand refreshes, but the results appear mixed for Scheduled refreshes. Perhaps some queueing occurs to optimize resource allocation for Scheduled refreshes.
Timestamp4.PNG