Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laurenspruce
Regular Visitor

What If Parameter not allowing entry

Hi, 

I am having an issue with a published report which has a manuel entry What If parameter box to allow the user to enter values into the report. Occasionally, this box will not take any entry when using the report in the Power BI service. It seems that you type in a value and it reverts back to the previous value which was in the box. This doesn't happen all of the time and also doesn't happen when using the embedded link to the report which is leading me to believe it may be a bug. Has anyone else had this issue at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @laurenspruce ,

This may happen when several users interact with the report at the same time, you can try to pin a live page of the report to the dashboard and see if it will happen again.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @laurenspruce ,

This may happen when several users interact with the report at the same time, you can try to pin a live page of the report to the dashboard and see if it will happen again.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @laurenspruce,

it's not something I have seen before. You could check the Power BI issues forum. And if it is not there, you could post your issue there.

And, if you have a Pro account you could also open a (free) support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors