Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Western Australia not appearing on filled map

I've been having difficulty getting Western Australia to show up on the filled map.  There is a sizable amount of data for this state in my dataset.  The other states show up fine, however WA is the only state in my dataset where the state code is 2 characters instead of 3.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

It is due to the fact that if you only have got "WA" there it decodes this to Washington State in the USA

Untitled.png

Whilst if I changed the names to the Full State Names: EG: From "WA" to "Western Australia" I then get it working as expected. So I would suggest replacing the names with a conditional column to the full state name and then ensuring that the Data Category is set to "State or Province"

Untitled.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

It is due to the fact that if you only have got "WA" there it decodes this to Washington State in the USA

Untitled.png

Whilst if I changed the names to the Full State Names: EG: From "WA" to "Western Australia" I then get it working as expected. So I would suggest replacing the names with a conditional column to the full state name and then ensuring that the Data Category is set to "State or Province"

Untitled.png

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arg, you are right.  Why didn't I think of that?  I thought that was fixed with the Location Heirarchy (which i have set up).

All good mate, at least is was an easy fix for a Friday afternoon 🙂

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors