Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Megan4244
Frequent Visitor

Welcome Page and Navigation Missing

Recently, I transitioned to a new company and confirmed I am also a Power BI PRO member with this company, however the Power BI Service online is not the same and appears broken. Is this something to do with their admin settings or is there a bug?

Note, I've tried the below with both Edge and IE.

When I go to app.powerbi.com it does not have a welcome screen, it redirects me to https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps and shows the below. There is no navigation to the left and the top navigation is missing options. When I try to click Power BI or force to another page, it still redirects me to the Apps page.

PBI Apps.png

I downloaded PBI Desktop and created a test file and then published it. It stated it was successful and I clicked the open in Power BI.

PBI Report Test Success.png 

The report did open, however once again the navigation options are missing. When I leave and try to return, I have no way of navigating back to the report.

PBI Report Page.png 

Please let me know if you have any information regarding this. Anything I can take to the admins or resolve myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Megan4244
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Support was able to find the issue and assist me. When my account was set up, some fields were not filled. app.powerbi.com uses profile information to populate the page. Because required backend was missing, it could not populate. Once my profile was corrected by Microsoft, my issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Megan4244
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Support was able to find the issue and assist me. When my account was set up, some fields were not filled. app.powerbi.com uses profile information to populate the page. Because required backend was missing, it could not populate. Once my profile was corrected by Microsoft, my issue was resolved.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Megan4244,

Normally, if you login app.powerbi.com for the first time, it will redirect you to this page get data.

first time.PNG

By my test, I cannot reproduce your issue.

For you scenario, I suggest you could clear the cache of your browser and login Power BI Service again.

In addition, you could have a try with Google Chrome or log in with Inprivate window in Edge.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - 

I have applied the above steps in your suggested solution and I am still unable to see the navigation pane (the yellow box with 9 black dots button shows up for a moment but disappears once the page finishes loading). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors