Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djk1000
Frequent Visitor

Weird gateway issue "There is no available gateway." but all sources checked and double checked

Hi,

So this is a wierd issue, I have a  report  that had been on scheduled refresh without issue, in the last couple of days if I change the schedule I get the "Install personal gateway" message and I can't schedule the refresh on the enterprise gateway.  I've double checked the sources and they are all in the enterprise gateway and seem to be connected.

I opened a new blank pbix in desktop and created connections to the same sources (copy paste the sources from the problem report), deployed it and I was able to schedule the refresh.

I'm hoping there is no corruption in the report .pbix causing this. 

I unsderstand that this is very general but I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or failing that, could someone suggest next steps for tracking down the bug?

I'm using the latest version of PowerBI desktop and the enterprise gateway was updated to the latest version at the end of September.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi,

I have implemented a workaround for this. I have removed the append query in the query editor and then created a new table in DAX with a UNION of the previously appended queries:

TABLE = UNION(FirstDataSource,SecondDataSource)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @djk1000,

You said that had been on scheduled refresh without issue, you add the data source in old gateway version, right? If it is, you create a new pbix file, it works fine, which mean the lastest dataway support the datasource, so I guess there is a problem between old and new gateway version. You can Fiddler to trace what is happening between your client machine and the Power BI Service like shown in the vedio. Then please create a support ticket on the right bottom of this page, share the traced logs to them to get better assistanceSmiley Happy.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @djk1000,

You're right. You can follow the cases, the issue has been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49306659. Please wait for the update.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi,

I have implemented a workaround for this. I have removed the append query in the query editor and then created a new table in DAX with a UNION of the previously appended queries:

TABLE = UNION(FirstDataSource,SecondDataSource)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors