Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unclejemima
Post Patron
Post Patron

Weekly subscription what day is it sent?

I've got a email subscription to a report with the frequency set to Weekly.

The dataset gets updated daily at 10pm.

What day of the week will the subscription be sent out?  Sunday night at 10pm i'd imagine, after the dataset refresh?

Let me know,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @unclejemima,

Current power bi subscription not support manual setting frequency, it will send the notice email each time the dataset refresh.

For example:

I setting the schedule refresh to each Monday 10:00 AM and subscription it, it will send the email when the dataset refresh.

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @unclejemima,

Current power bi subscription not support manual setting frequency, it will send the notice email each time the dataset refresh.

For example:

I setting the schedule refresh to each Monday 10:00 AM and subscription it, it will send the email when the dataset refresh.

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This 'Solution' does not clearly answer the original question.

If a dataset is scheduled to refresh daily at say 8 AM, and the end user decides to set up a Subcription, and choose Weekly for the frequency, what day would the weekly subscription be sent?  

My guess is that it would be sent the next time the dataset refreshes, and then every 7 days after that.  E.g., with the scheduled refresh set to 8 AM daily, if the weekly subscription was configured at 4 PM on Tuesday, the user would receive the first weekly subscription just after 8 AM on Wednesday, and then every Wednesday morning following.  So, if the user wanted to receive the subscription on Monday mornings, they would have to create the subscription sometime after the 8 AM Sunday scheduled refresh but before the 8 AM Monday scheduled refresh.

Can anyone confirm what actually happens when a dataset is on a daily scheduled refresh but a user sets up a Weekly subscription?

I too have this question - the solution of having a weekly subscription on a dataset that refreshes daily is not currently there i think ?

unclejemima
Post Patron
Post Patron

Anyone?  I'm really trying to get this figured as I've got a user who wants weekly reports every Sunday night.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors