Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sebastien_dipia

WebApp cannot refresh (but desktop is OK)

Hi,

Since November 8th I have a problem with several reports based on .xslm files in Sharepoint. 

The update from Desktop is OK but the update from the webapp is not working (see below the error message)

I've already tried to update my OAuth2 credential (no issue detected here).

Thaks for your help !

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Message: The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. (Source at LINK.) Table: Détection Projets MCF.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: f02debf6-7f62-4551-8234-1cc8a2ede0e5
Request ID: 0a9d308b-8875-1b71-b3bf-53a14d35ee9b
Time: 2018-11-14 09:44:03Z

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sebastien_dipia,

How did you get the excel file from sharepoint? I get the file by Web connector as the pictures as below and use the Orangization account to sign in. Then on the Power BI service side, I use the OAuth2 method, that works well.

1.PNGCapture.PNG

Please note to get the link of the excel file, you should open the excel in advance and get the link by this way. Then remove the ?web=1 and use the new one.

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/as/Shared%20Documents/0815%20-%20Copy%20(2).xlsx?web=1

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Thanks for this idea, I've been able to change my sources on desktop version and go to "web" and "organisational account" credentials, but when I go back to the webb app, only "anonymous / windows / basic" seems to be available with web from here.

I still don't understand why these files (conected to via "sharepoint folder" option) were working 8 days ago and are not working anymore

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sebastien_dipia,

What kind of authorization did you use in Power BI desktop? Did you use the same authorization as the Power BI desktop side in Service? Please to use the same authorization and try again.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for your answer
On Desktop, options are "anonymous / Windows / Microsoft account", I'm on "Microsoft Account"
On Webapp, options are "anonymous / Windows / OAuth2", I'm on "OAuth2" 

I Can't switch to Windows (failed) or anonymous

The same authorization / credentials are working for other reports (but these are xslx)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors