Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web url data (table on sharepoint) refresh - credentials error on enterprise gateway

Hello everyone,

Im new to gateways and I got task to report data from table on sharepoint (ver.2013 foundation).

I cannot use sharepoint list, sharepoint online list or folder option

(the url to data is too long - and those 3 options want me to supply only root of the url, from which i cant get to desired data table)

so i used web option supplying url to that data table.

Report doesnt refresh with enterprise gateway, but refreshes succesfully in desktop Power BI.

Im getting this alert from Power BI service:

"Refresh failed: xxxxxx has failed to refresh"

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided cannot be used for the Web source. (Source at https://epodatelna.--------.cz/_layouts/15/wrksetng.aspx.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_Underl... Table: Table 0.

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

We are kinda speculating here to rescue you through your issue as it is not really clear what the reason might be. However i can suspect a versions non compatibility along the process of refreshing your report. could be the sharepoint, the Gateway or the desktop.

So give it a last try and install a personal Gateway( your machine has to be 64 bits) in your computer and use it. If it works then the entreprise Gateway needs to be updated, else the sharepoint or your desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-person...

Hope this will save you.   

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Try to edit the Web credentials to Ananymous and NoneGateway.PNG

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried Anonymous/None setting:

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided cannot be used for the Web source. (Source at https://epodatelna.-------.cz/_layouts/15/WrkSetng.aspx.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_Underly...}}} Table: Query1.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 7a7e8d69-dcb6-41ed-b8f3-43f2132500f0
Request ID: 6f52e115-fb4d-0290-5066-f0453567454a
Time: 2020-07-01 14:50:10Z

Im confused, how is it possible that desktop version is refreshing without problem .. ? 

also, thank you for suggestion.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

The Power bi desktop is free and doesn't use Gateway to connect to the source.

The Power service might need a Pro license to achieve some requests.

Do you have a Pro license? 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

We are kinda speculating here to rescue you through your issue as it is not really clear what the reason might be. However i can suspect a versions non compatibility along the process of refreshing your report. could be the sharepoint, the Gateway or the desktop.

So give it a last try and install a personal Gateway( your machine has to be 64 bits) in your computer and use it. If it works then the entreprise Gateway needs to be updated, else the sharepoint or your desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-person...

Hope this will save you.   

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

Happy that you solved your issue however can you indicate us which of the process that needed to be updated?

Thank you 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I updated enterprise Gateway and Desktop PBI which leaves me only with not upgraded Sharepoint.

Our organization cant upgrade sharepoint.

So i cannot confirm that the problem is old sharepoint version.

Report refreshes only with personal gateway .. Unfortunately we would like to use enterprise gateway.

Hi @aj1973 ,

Would you please try to  select OAuth2 as the Authentication method when configuring your refresh settings.  Please confirm that you use the same credentials and privacy level like in Power BI Desktop and Service.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I dont have that option in the dataset settings. its not sharepoint list or folder .. its web url dataset.

I know i should use those but , i cant to find the data with those other options, because those want me to use only root url and i cant navigate from root url to the data i want to report. 

But if i use web url i can load data to report just fine.

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

To be more correct the Reply should be to @Anonymous .

Regards

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors