Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Web services to publish reports

If a customer creates his own report is it possible to automate its publishing to the cloud where an embedded solution is implemented? That would make the whole embedded solution completely transparent to the customers.  Any idea?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

To have the latest and greatest version of the data, it must be refreshed.  So, the data can be refreshed automatically and the report can be updated.  There is not an "automatic publish" inside the tool itself.  You could probably make a Power Flow or API's to make that happen but the fact that you want it to flow all the way through to an embedded solution would make that difficult.

Also, in your question, you mention the word "customer" twice.  Is this two different customers, or just one?  If a user/customer publishes and embeds a dashboard/report then it is available to them.  If multiple users/customers are using a report/dashboard then they need permissions and/or they will need permissions t to the embedded location.  And, if the embedded location is on a web site then no permissions are needed.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There can be many customers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

To have the latest and greatest version of the data, it must be refreshed.  So, the data can be refreshed automatically and the report can be updated.  There is not an "automatic publish" inside the tool itself.  You could probably make a Power Flow or API's to make that happen but the fact that you want it to flow all the way through to an embedded solution would make that difficult.

Also, in your question, you mention the word "customer" twice.  Is this two different customers, or just one?  If a user/customer publishes and embeds a dashboard/report then it is available to them.  If multiple users/customers are using a report/dashboard then they need permissions and/or they will need permissions t to the embedded location.  And, if the embedded location is on a web site then no permissions are needed.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There can be many customers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors