cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Web link dialog screen does not appear

I am trying to publish a report to a public website, but Power BI does not display the embed web link dialog after clicking the Publish button.  I have never had this issue before. 

Capture1.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Web link dialog screen does not appear

Hi @echp ,

The following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web, please check in your side.

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding. Learn more about user owns data.

There was an intermittent issues for Power BI Service recently . Maybe you can try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
echp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your advice.  I received a phone call from the Microsoft support staff.  The work around for this issue was excluding the report from the App.  After removing it from the App, the web link diagram appeared.  Once I get the web link, I put the report back to the App. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @echp ,

The following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web, please check in your side.

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding. Learn more about user owns data.

There was an intermittent issues for Power BI Service recently . Maybe you can try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
echp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your advice.  I received a phone call from the Microsoft support staff.  The work around for this issue was excluding the report from the App.  After removing it from the App, the web link diagram appeared.  Once I get the web link, I put the report back to the App. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 1,322 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: