Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matout
Helper I
Helper I

Web dataset refresh

Hello,

I am a dashboard connected to a PowerBI report.

this report is getting data from two sources

- Excel sheet on onedrive 

- Yahoo finance (websource) for a single stock.

My problem is that in PowerBI desktop, the refresh data works fine for the stock prices.

However, when publishing it to the PowerBI service (PowerBI Pro), I am being hit by this message

Last refresh failed: Tue Feb 23 2021 14:49:11 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time)
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.Hide details

Data source error:Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3e7fe7a8-54a8-4af2-be90-715939e450f2
Request ID:cdddee8f-3b07-3bf2-046a-974cf3bfd967
Time:2021-02-23 12:49:11Z

and there is no place to set up cardintials (non of my data sources requires cardintials), and the auto refresh is disabled,

help please, I am stuck

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @matout ,

It is quite clear from the error message that the credentials for data source are missing. You can simply set it from the dataset settings page of your workspace.

Follow these steps:

1. In the workspace, Go to Datasets + Dataflows

2. for the dataset you want to set credentials, click on the 3 dots and then click on Settings

3. Click on Data source Credentials (2nd Option)

4. Click on edit credentials and set the credentials

Image Reference:

datasetcreds.JPG

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Hello Anand24

Thank you for your reply

This option is disabled 

matout_0-1614087307502.png

Also my data sources does not need any cardintional (Excel sheet from one drive, and a page from yahoo finance

This page

MSFT 234.51 -6.46 -2.68% : Microsoft Corporation - Yahoo Finance

@matout ,

You are the datset owner for that particular dataset right? Not sure why is it greyed out if you are owner.

The best way ahead would be connecting with MS Support. Link

Also, try publishing to a different workspace and see.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Hello,

I am the owner of this data set, the excel sheet is on my one drive, and a portion of it coming from yahoo finance

I shall contact support.

@matout , Let everyone know in comment how the issue gets resolved so that people can refer this thread in future !!!

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors