Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web data sources asking for a gateway connection

Hi Community, 

I'm building a dashboard that uses all web sources and would like to configure it to refresh on a daily basis. Everything refreshes find on the desktop. 

I've uploaded it to Power BI Service but have come up against this error. How do I debug it? Can anyone help? 

refresh error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-jingzhang , I got it working. Albeit with a different data source - lucky Iron Ore prices are published on multiple different websites. I used the Web.BrowserContents to Web.Contents solution. Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've narrowed it down to this data source: https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/ferrous/iron-ore-62pct-fe-cfr-china-tsi-swap-futures.html

I'd like to grab the latest price for the first month in the table (at time of posting this was Dec 2020). 

I can access it fine on desktop but when I refresh on Power BI service it gives me this error: 

"This dataset requires a properly configured gateway in order to refresh." 

Is it possible to connect to this table without a gateway? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors