Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web connector dataset cannot be switched to Enterprise Gateway

After researching about this topic, I could not find a solution for it. So, this is what is happening:

I created a report using a web connector (actually I am just connecting to our on premise Share Point site but since I could not properly connect using the Sharepoint connector I had to use the web one). After I publish the report I noticed that dataset was setup with my personal gateway, however I need this to be setup for enterprise gateway; but when I tried to change it, the Enterprise Gate way option is disable PBI Services/DataSet.

Have somebody come across with the issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this resolved. The problem was related to the fact that I had not only one data source (the web one) but also I was connecting a SQL DB. This connection was not properly setup in the gateway hence PBI Services was not allowing me to enable the entreprise gateway. After configuring that, then I was able to switcht to the entreprise getway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this resolved. The problem was related to the fact that I had not only one data source (the web one) but also I was connecting a SQL DB. This connection was not properly setup in the gateway hence PBI Services was not allowing me to enable the entreprise gateway. After configuring that, then I was able to switcht to the entreprise getway.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Have you configure the data source for the on-premises gateway in PBI Service? We should only be able to select the on-premises gateway after it is configured properly.

Web connector dataset cannot be switched to Enterprise Gateway_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I faced similar problem. I tried to remove personal gateway from my machine and as well as server. Then install enterprose version. It worked for me.

SAMJON
Regular Visitor

We have the same issue, I believe. We first set up a data set with the Personal GW. We then set up a on-premise GW on a server and changed all the sources and connections to the server and to the new GW it is still showing the personal GW connection and that is not alive anymore since we removed it. Everything under the dataset greyed out and only showing the personal GW.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors