Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web Service Refresh Errors

This morning I received emails that our daily dataset refreshes (that use the data gateway) failed.  

I went into the service and tried to manually refresh, and I get the below error.  

I believe the problem is related to the gateway, because datasets that don't use the gateway refreshed fine.

We restarted the gateway and still encounter the same issue.

Can anyone help pinpoint what the issue is here?  We haven't made any changes to the gateway, etc.  The datasets have been automatically refreshing with no issues for months and then today it just stopped working.

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: ZSOHWEB.
  • Cluster URIWABI-US-WEST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID0be869cc-65fd-4b59-962f-444465ec5ec6
  • Request ID4709fcf2-8a9e-d563-de8d-8e4a192c6f35
  • Time2020-09-30 16:23:42Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restarting the server that the gateway resided on fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RLSmart
Helper I
Helper I

Can you click on the report name in the error message and get to the gateway connection for the report?  I found that whatever each dataset was mapped to was blanked out, and was able to select the original dataset and continue.  One of them had to be recreated.  

Most of our morning refreshes for SQL reports were in this state, and once we figured it out, we were able to get everything back on track.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Restarting the server that the gateway resided on fixed the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors