Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danny_tym
Frequent Visitor

Web Report dont match Desktop Report despite Data upload successfully

Hi guys,

I started having issues with Web report not updating based on latest data despite data upload successfully. I tested on my desktop report and it displays correctly. 

Publish the report again but no luck.

I have the Web report open on 2 other machines to view but I dont think that's the root cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danny_tym 

From the documentation "If you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take some time before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. We don’t recommend using Publish to web for data that needs to refresh frequently."

So it may be you just need to wait for the web version to update to show the changes.

You can find out more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#howitworks

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danny_tym 

From the documentation "If you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take some time before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. We don’t recommend using Publish to web for data that needs to refresh frequently."

So it may be you just need to wait for the web version to update to show the changes.

You can find out more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#howitworks

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors