Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cclark01
Frequent Visitor

Web Portal refresh is giving error: We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table

I am trying to refresh my dataset on the web portal, but anytime I schedule a refresh or try refresh now, it returns the error: We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table

The file refreshed fine everytime in the pbix file, but never works once it is published. It uses an excel file from a SharePoint site and a query from an Oracle database.  I have experimented with changing the security levels for both of the sources but haven't had any luck. I have also tried taking the file down, then republishing, but still no luck.

Here is a screenshot of what I am getting:

2017-07-13_16-02-01.png

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could I suggest if you had to open your PBIX file, and then file Save As. To see if this will save it as a newer version of the PBIX file.

I have had an issue in the past where the PBIX file was in an older format and the data would not refresh from Power BI Service.

My work around is that I created a new PBIX file in a newer version of Power BI Desktop and then ported all the data across using the ZIP method (which shows the contents of the PBIX file) and then copied it into the new Power BI Desktop file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I tried the "Save As" method but I am still getting the same result. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the Zip method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors