Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maria_Maria
Helper II
Helper II

Web.Contents doesn't allow to save a file

Hi

I have a report with Google Sheets as a source. I found here that if I use Source = Web.Contents instead of Web.BrowserContents I won't need a gateway to refresh the report. 

I changed the function but now I can't save the report, it says that the report file is opened somewhere else.

Here's my code:

Source = Web.Contents("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2.....SQ/pubhtml?gid=108173371&single=true")

What could it be? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

These issues are unrelated.  Check if you have the same PBIX file open twice.  Also check in Task Manager if there are any orphaned Powere BI Desktop instances.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

These issues are unrelated.  Check if you have the same PBIX file open twice.  Also check in Task Manager if there are any orphaned Powere BI Desktop instances.

@lbendlin thanks) the issues were indead unrelated. I just saved the file as a new one and restarted the computer.  All's good now 😬

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors