Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MissMintox
Helper I
Helper I

Web Anonymous refresh failure in Power bi Service

I'm trying to access data from ApplicationInsights as an "anonymous" (using web connector in power bi desktop) and the refresh works fine in Power bi desktop. However, when I'm trying to sign in to set the refresh on service, it's giving an"Invalid credentails" error.

Therefore, I followed the RelativePath technique as described in this thread: Anonymous access by @DuncanP.

However, when I did it, I'm getting another error of "404: not found".

In the same thread, there's a workaround mentioned by @fso executing query somewhere else (eg. by using Google spreadsheet) something that I'm not familiar with.  What exactly is this and how this works in my case (where I need the scheduled refresh every 24 hours)?

Or is there an alternative workaround for this, Can anyone please direct me in the right path?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

I was able to solve this using a simple alternative method by changing "anonymous connection" to "basic" and passing API key as the username on both desktop and service

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MissMintox,

I 'd like to suggest you share file with source path, then use power bi excel connector to get data from that link.

I think this way can work through your scenario.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

I was able to solve this using a simple alternative method by changing "anonymous connection" to "basic" and passing API key as the username on both desktop and service

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Executing query somewhere else means, instead og connecting directly to the source from PowerBI, You can call the API from Google Sheets and use that sheet as the data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors