Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomLenzmeier
Regular Visitor

We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.

Until recently I have not had an error of this type. For some inexplicable reason, at least to me, I cannot connect to the on-premise data source. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the data gateway and then re-establishing the connection to the gateway using the recovery key. This error ONLY occurs when I try to connect to my Analysis Services data sources. This does NOT occur when connecting to my SQL Server data sources. I have ensured that my user names have been mapped correctly. I have defined the roles in the tabular model, yet I still cannot get past this error. I am currently dead in the water!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amy,

Thanks for your response. I've followed all of the suggestions you provided. Oddly enough, I installed a new gateway on a different server and connecting to my SSAS data connection works perfectly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomLenzmeier ,

Could you please show us the error information?

You can refer to the link:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas, pay attention to the steps configuring gateway for SSAS.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is the error message. Also, thanks for the link and I did find this previously and have followed the steps outlined in it. 

Screenshot_1.png

Hi @TomLenzmeier ,

Please check if your Server name and Database name is correct, and make sure the Username and Password is your local gateway installed computer domain_name\user_name and password, for example if the computer account is abc@def.com, then the domain_name\user_name is def\abc, the password is the password longlining in to the computer.

1.png

In addition, you need to set Map user name, replace your Power BI Desktop account with the your local gateway installed computer domain_name\user_name. you can refer to the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas#map-user-names.

Or try to upgrade the gateway to the latest version.

Also, you may resolve the issue via the troubleshooting link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#data-sources .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Amy,

Thanks for your response. I've followed all of the suggestions you provided. Oddly enough, I installed a new gateway on a different server and connecting to my SSAS data connection works perfectly. 

Hi @TomLenzmeier ,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved,  maybe the solution is just to upgrade the gateway, you can accept this post as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from the solution.

Best Regards,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors