Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

richamarwah
Frequent Visitor

'We reached end of buffer' while refreshing dataset in Power BI service

Hello,

I am getting the 'We reached end of buffer' error while refreshing my dataset on Power BI Service. Both on demand and scheduled refresh fails. However, the data loads and refreshes fine in the Power BI Desktop (installed on a machine with 8 GB RAM). My data source is a single JSON API.

I have tried waiting for a few days as suggested in other posts, but the problem persists for over a week now. I have looked at all the previous posts in the community about this problem, but nothing has worked or resolved the issue.

Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
richamarwah
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thanks for your response. I had referred to the links you shared.
I am able to refresh the dataset in Power BI Desktop on an 8 GB RAM machine. But I am unable to refresh the same dataset (after publishing the report) in Power BI Service on the same machine. It gives me 'end of buffer' error. Also, does refreshing on Power BI service utilises the local Machine's memory?

Regards,

Richa

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @richamarwah ,

The issue may be caused by insufficient memory. Please review the solution in the following threads, hope it can help resolve your problem.

We reached the end of the buffer, Adobe Analytics Beta.

Help with We Reach the end of the buffer message

We reached end of buffer Error

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors